FOR THE LOVE OF THE OUTDOORS

This Blog is dedicated to those that LOVE the outdoors and share that same unexplainable passion that exists within us! It's simply an obsession that exists in those that are fortunate to have come to know the outdoors. . . It's a pure legal addiction!!! Memories, bonds, stories true, and stories exaggerated we're all part of a very special group. . . THE OUTDOORSMAN!!! Welcome to my blog, click on my music playlist enjoy the stories/pics, and thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoy!! If you need to contact me email me at smackdownhunting@gmail.com
George Garcia Jr.

Berger Bullets

Berger Bullets
proud to announce our newest sponser

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

MAKING HISTORY

On June 14th the Wallow Fire officially became the largest fire in the history of AZ breaking 469,400 acres overcoming the Rodeo Chediski fire which was number one. As of today the Wallow Fire is a WHOPPING 529,825 acres and is 58% contained.

    Jed Larson of sneekfreaktv.blogspot.com has been keeping me with good info throughout the duration of this fire, thanks Jed! There was a bad rumor of hundreds of dead cows and calves but an insider squashed that one claiming that there's only been a few reported dead animals and A LOT of elk in the burns. Elk LOVE burn areas!!! Steve Chappell of "Chappell Guide Service" told me a story about their elk ranch in Colorado and their controlled burns. It was interesting to me because he told me that whenever they burn elk are immediately gathered in that area.. So everyone who is "freaking" out about their hunt should take a deep breath and realize that there are still going to be animals out there. . . unless the Game & Fish allow tags to be turned in then I would suggest everyone except for our clients to turn their tags in because it's going to be horrible. Haha only kidding! I wish the Game and Fish would allow people to turn in tags that way we can cut down the amount people in the field but thats just a pipe dream. The only concern I have is the extra tags in unit 1 this year and quite possible limited access might lead to congestion.  
   A very special thanks to all the Fire Crews working tired hours and around the clock to protect peoples homes and belongings!! These men and women have battled EXTREME conditions with this fire and we are all VERY THANKFUL for their efforts!! 


Here are some of the local heroes
      As for us and the elk were pretty excited to see what's in store this year and years to come! My only hope now is that all the applicants drop so I can get a dang tag in this state haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment